Welcome to Ethox
The American Chemical Company®
Since its formation in 1968, Ethox Chemicals has served the industry with quality products and service. The concept of specialized service to each customer has proven successful over the years, and that is what Ethox strives to maintain.
As well as providing custom and toll manufacturing services, Ethox provides a broad range of surface-modifying products employing a wide range of chemistries including alkoxylation, esterification, phosphation, sulfation, and custom synthesis.
Ethox Chemicals is a privately held company with about 155 employees. It is part of the Piedmont Chemical group. We are located on a 45-acre site in Greenville, South Carolina. This location lends us strategic advantages including railroad access and close proximity to Interstate 85. Read more
Multifunctional Preservative Booster & Emollient
Ethox OCTG is an emollient ester with a combination of truly unique properties. Ethox OCTG improves product performance, delivers a unique feel and consistency, increases formulation versatility, enhances aesthetics, and reduces development cycle time.
- Water soluble, alcohol soluble ester
- Warming effect greater than glycerine
- Anti-microbial activity against a range of microorganisms
- Reduce or eliminate conventional preservatives including parabens & formaldehyde donors
- Reduces tack and drag of other ingredients such as carbomer
- Rich feel on application adds cushion & play-time without greasiness
- Smooth light emollient after feel similar to silicone
- Adds preservative protection to formulations
- Ideal for hard to preserve formulations such as sunscreens, sensitive skin and preservative free
- Non-Irritating, Moisturizing
- Ideal solvent for water insoluble materials, e.g. Salicylic Acid
- Patent pending technology
Download our brochure to learn more.